When I found out I was pregnant with our second child, I knew just what I wanted to do to surprise my husband. When he arrives home after work our little girl runs to the door shouting “Daddy! Daddy!”. I thought it would be really neat to have her wearing a big sister shirt when she ran to him. Unfortunately they didn’t have a big sister shirt in my town, so, I made my own!
You will need a blank shirt, iron on letters, and an iron.
Wash and dry your t-shirt. Follow the directions given for your iron on letters. I missed the part where it said that you were supposed to cut out the letters instead of peeling them off. Here is what I did:
- Pre-heat your iron to wool setting. Test on fabric
- Peel letters and place them on your shirt
- Use a cotton press cloth (I used a tshirt rag) and cover the letters
- Apply a steady firm pressure to the cloth covered letters for 60 seconds. Trace the outsides of the letters with the edge of your iron.
- Remove cotton press cloth
- Turn the shirt inside out and iron for another 20 seconds. Once again trace the outsides of the letters with the edge of your iron.
- Set aside to cool
How did my surprise go? Just as planned! She ran to him and he glanced, second glanced and then looked at my beaming face. He was so happy =)!